Sunday, October 24, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Week #18

Here is my entry for the Compendium Of Curiosities Challenge Week 18 hosted by Linda on her blog L3 Studio. Every week she hosts a challenge based on the techniques in Tim Holtz's book, this weeks techniques is paint dabber resist. I am really enjoying these weekly challenges, I do them every week, but don't always get done in time to enter becasue I always seem to forget or mix up the time zone difference! I have been thinking about setting up a spreadsheet of all the challenges I like to participate in - yes I am addicted to paper crafting...

Here is my entry, the card base is SU Baja Blue, the Many Thanks stamp is by American Craft I think, The label around the sentiments is SU's Vintage Label and matching punch. I used Willow and Denim paint dabbers for the butterflies and vine stamp (Tim Holtz). I used the following Distress Inks: Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint,Shabby Shutters and Brushed Corduroy. The big blue butterfly is grungpaper. Bling is Recollections. I sprayed the grunge butterfly and the the sentiment with a Faded Jeans/ Silver Perfect Pearls spray.
For technique instructions pick up a copy of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities book, it is a must have resource!
Thanks for looking!


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Karla, this is gorgeous! I love the way you designed it, and the dabber resist looks amazing with the stamp you chose and the dramatic colors. I love the pretty, feminine embellishments, and the lacy edge is beautiful!

    I'm glad you were able to participate this week! I finally realized I should put a local time clock on my blog, so it's right at the top now, and I hope it helps you and all my other friends make the time zone conversion more easily. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this! So pretty. Love all the stamps you've used, and such gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, this is fantastic! I love the soft colors you used and they really make the resist pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgeous, and congrats on the win, you deserve it.

    Jamie
    http://scrapping2it.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karla, congrats on your ATT win :) This is a lovely card with it's butterflies, blues and golds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful... the colours, all of it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete