Saturday, December 4, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas

I have been playing along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas - so much fun! Last year was my first year and I built a simple wooden stick tree to hang the tags from. When I get them all done I will post a picture.  I love that he does not give out a supply list and that it is all on a whim for him - whatever he feels like that night. This also challenges me to use supplies is other ways and to come up with other products to substitute when I do not have what he uses - that is one of my favorite parts. SO much creativity that man has, I wish I had half as much so when doing the tags sometimes I make the tags exactly like Tim's, other times I mix it up and just do his main technique and sometimes they are similar but not exact. So far I have not done one too different - but I am just warming up. Here are pictures of my first four tags - I will post more as the series goes. Thanks for looking!


Day one: I do not have any of Tims Holiday dies, so I cut the house out of grungepaper using the Joy of Seasons Cartridge for the Cricut. The fence is handcut and the tree is stamped on grungepaper with a pine tree from Stampin Ups Living Trees stamp set. I also do not have any tickets or ticket stamps, so I hand cut this one and stamped it with a stamp from one of Tim's mini Christmas sets. I used liquid Applique for the snow and the paint Blingz over it for shimmer and shine. I really like how this one turned out considering I did not have mnay of the same supplies Tim used for this tag.

Day Two I did pretty much exactly like Tim's tag. The pearly bling is just some I had in my bead box. I have so many pearls and jewel beads that I can;t justify buying his Baubles - I just use what I already have. I liked the simplicity of this tag, especially after the complexity of day 1!


This tag is also similar to Tim's, but I do not have the tree stamp(yet!!) so I used a branch from on of his stamps that is a bird on a branch and just stamped the branch part over and over. I also used some mini pinecones and berries I picked up at Michaels over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I also used Martha Stewart's tinsel glitter in place of tinsel ribbon. I love that stuff.

Again very similar to Tim's(hmmm I really do end up with at least one that is quite different - I swear). I used different bling at the bottom and put together my own "baubles" using my stash. I am happy that I purchased the facets a while ago - I had not used any yet and now that I have I will be using the rest of them for holiday gifts.

1 comment:

  1. These are all lovely Karla! I love that tinsel ribbon, have to find me some of that for sure.

    ReplyDelete