Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why I love the Microtel

I am in my hotel room in Bloomington, Mn waiting for rush hour to end so I can zoom over to the mall and check in for Scrapfest. I am in the Microtel Inn - I stay here every time I come to the Minneapolis area - maybe once or twice a year. Actually I stay in a Microtel Inn everytime I travel if possible- I love the Microtel.
Why?
1. They are always spotless - I have stayed in maybe 5 or 6 different ones and never once have I seen a stray hair or even dust for that matter.
2. They are SUPER cheap.
3. See No. 1
4. The beds are very very comfy
5. The pillows are not too fluffy - I like flat pillows - I hate pillows in fancy hotels - they are too fluffy - I have to bring my own pillow when I stay in a fancy hotel.
6. See No. 1.
7. Very few children running the halls, or jumping on the bed in the room above me or babies crying - why you ask? - NO POOL!!!  don't get me wrong, I like kids - just not loud ones when I am trying to sleep. My kid is 18 and would now much rather have $40 more bucks to spend on clothes or whatever than a pool at the hotel. YEAH!!
8. Free Continental breakfast - nothing fancy - but free if I am up early enough.
9. You can get a Suite type room with 2 queens , a pullout, fridge and microwave for about $70-80 bucks a night. hard to beat.
10. See No. 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment